GMax Tidal Energy is a carbon free system that generates electricity by harnessing predictable tidal water currents.
GMax will generate electricity based on the predictable speed and direction of a tidal current.
The GMax design enables ample space for uninhibited water flow, and unobstructed clearance from the ocean floor. Electricity is generated top side direct through a proprietary system, allowing for a swift land based grid connection.
GMax Tidal Energy is a less expensive option to conventional means of generating electricity.
This technology meets and exceeds existing standards at a significantly lower operating cost. GMax is the least expensive, and most effective method to generate predictable carbon-free electricity with a levelized cost of energy at $77.00 per Mega Watt hour.
GMax Tidal Energy uses Linear Flow Technology. This configuration is a new innovative system that harnesses the immense power of Ocean Tidal Currents into a high rate of torque.
Two Permanent Magnet Generators are Specified from The “Switch Company” which has a strong reputation, with proven results in the power plant space, and for Industrial Marine applications.
The mission of GMax Tidal Energy, is to deliver carbon free energy costing less than conventional means, without subsidy.
A carbon free Energy system powered by water current that does not require fossil fuel is in great demand worldwide. We are offering a development partnership, and equity stake to commercialize this project. Upon reveiw of the following video, please contact us for an introduction to veiw prototypes, and engineering IP. United States Patented
- Linear flow technology is a new method designed to convert water current, into electric current
- Each modular unit is designed using an off-shore floating stage method
- Each modular unit to date, (11/5/16) will be nameplated at 2-4 Mega Watts of electricity using Permanant Magnet Generators
- Visual height profile is less than 28 feet from the water line
- This project is at Technology Readiness level #6, progress is ongoing
- GMax overall system is environmentally benign to aquatic species and does not contact the Ocean floor to generate electricity.
- Designed for locations with water currents that range in 1-7 knot predictable tide cycle speeds.
- Throughout the United States, ideal locations will include near shore, and off shore waterways.
- This system does not require a “fixed foundation”.
- Each unit will generate electricity 12-14 hours per day from predictable tidal currents.
- This system is not a turbine method system
- Modular configurations, with multiple units will enable utility scaled GMax Tidal Energy locations at 200 MW plus
- $77.00 per Mega Watt hour LCOE furnished, and Installed with a 30 year + life cycle with CAPEX and OPEX included
There are 2 GMax #Carbon Free Engines per modular unit. Each engine is supported by a connecting structure. This design action enables the GMax Engines to be maintained top side, and safely on deck. This design eliminates costly long term underwater maintenance challenges with sea bed contact methods. GMax Units will be designed for a 30 year plus life cycle, when maintained to specified standards.